Terrazzo benchtops have been increasing in popularity lately, and for good reason. They offer a unique look that can’t be found with any other type of benchtop material. Terrazzo is also known to be one of the most durable materials available, making it the perfect choice for an outdoor benchtop.
Terrazzo is one of those materials that has been around for centuries, but it’s still being used today because of its amazing properties. It’s made from a mix of materials, including glass, marble and quartz. The history of terrazzo can be traced all the way back to the Roman Empire. Back then, it was used to create floors and walls. The popularity of terrazzo continued into the Renaissance period, and it was widely used in churches and palaces. It wasn’t until the early 1800s that terrazzo started to be used as a furniture material. And since then, it’s become increasingly popular for use in both interior and exterior applications.
What’s so Special About Terrazzo?
Terrazzo is a type of stone that is made up of different colors and materials. It can be used for flooring, walls, and furniture. There are many reasons why terrazzo benchtops are so popular. For starters, they are very durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. They are also easy to clean and maintain, and come in a variety of colors and designs to suit your style. But perhaps the best thing about terrazzo benchtops is that they are eco-friendly. Made from a combination of natural materials, terrazzo is a sustainable option that will help you reduce your carbon footprint.
Advantages of Using Terrazzo Benchtops
With all the different materials on the market these days, it can be hard to know which one to choose for your next benchtop. But if you’re looking for something that’s durable, affordable, and easy to maintain, terrazzo is a great option.
- They’re affordable: Compared to other materials like granite or marble, terrazzo is a more affordable option.
- They’re durable: Terrazzo benchtops are resistant to scratches, chips, and staining, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas. They are also extremely weather proof.
- They’re easy to maintain: All you need to do to keep your terrazzo benchtop looking good is a quick wipe with a damp cloth.
How to Care for Your Terrazzo Benchtop
Now that you’ve chosen your terrazzo benchtop, you’re probably wondering how to take care of it. Terrazzo is a versatile material that can be used indoors or outdoors, so it’s important to understand how to protect it from the elements.
- If you’re using your benchtop outdoors, make sure to apply a sealer at least once a year. This will protect it from UV rays, rain, and other weather conditions.
- Keep your benchtop clean and free of dirt and dust by wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your benchtop. These can damage the surface and cause discoloration.