Welcome the New Year with a shiny Terrazzo floor! Mop easy and make the shine stand out in your floors and other Terrazzo based home products. So easy to maintain because most terrazzo cleaning products out in the market are the kind that you simply and literally wipe over or mop on the floor and let dry to a clean and glossy finish that looks like it was the day it was handed over to you! Continue reading “Start the Year with Bright and Shiny Terrazzo Floors”
So you’ve decided to get terrazzo floors; you’ve basked in all its shiny luster; you’ve found yourself wanting to go downstairs just to walk around your living room whilst watching your reflection on the shiny surface. Now how do you make sure that your terrazzo floors stay as stunning as the day they were installed?
The upkeep and maintenance of terrazzo floors is something you should not take lightly. Whilst these kind of floors are built to last long, they too can lose their luster due to increased foot traffic, stains from spills, pet accidents, car oil leaks and more.
Here are a few tips on how to properly maintain your terrazzo floors:
- Before applying on any kind of cleaner with a rag or mop, make sure that you’ve properly vacuumed your floors to remove grit or any kind of small debris that may scratch the surface.
- Double check that you are using the appropriate cleanser for your floor. Terrazzo floors are best cleaned with a pH-neutral cleanser specifically made for stone as most commercially available cleansers may damage your floor further.
- To remove stains caused by alcoholic drinks, just use hot soapy water. For the more stubborn stains, try dabbing a bit of denatured alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on the stain using a porous cloth.
- When mopping, frequently rinse out the water to make sure no debris gets back onto the floor. After mopping, thoroughly dry the floor to avoid getting water spots.
- If you have kids in the house, then the risk of getting ink stains on the floor is all too real. To remove these stains use warm water and liquid dishwashing soap. Additionally, this solution can also be used to remove oil and grease stains.
- When polishing, ensure that the floor is thoroughly swept or vacuumed clear of any debris. This is especially essential when using a floor polisher to prevent getting your terrazzo floors scratched.
Terrazzo floors, like everything else that’s aesthetically pleasing should be taken care of properly to ensure that they stay this way for as long as possible. It is highly recommended that keeping a cleaning and upkeep routine is the best way to do make certain that your terrazzo floors keep their sheen for a long, long time.